Wash & care tips for your Batik
Batik is a delicate material that is rich in colour, produced by a variety of methods like hand-stamping, wax-resist dyeing and printing.
There are several ways to care for your Batik-wear.
- Hand-washing is highly recommended
- Batik fabric may bleed when in contact with water. Soak and rinse before wearing
- Wash Batik separately or with similar colours only
- Refrain from machine-washing the fabric and do not use harsh detergent, bleach or colour brighteners
- Wring dry batik-wear carefully without excessive twisting. Doing so may deform the fabric
- Hang dry inside-out under shade to maintain richness of colour
- Do not hang dry in direct sunlight as colour fading may occur
- Warm iron only